January 8, 2019 - The SAIT Trojans are so excited to be kicking off the 5th annual award-winning Make Some Noise for Mental Health campaign on January 11, 2019.
Fun facts about the campaign:
* It’s our fifth year! Did you know? We started the campaign here in our department. Do you want to learn more about it – check out this Alumni Link article from one of our first campaigns: https://www.sait.ca/alumni/alumni-news/2015-10-16-make-some-noise
* The 2019 campaign kicks off on Friday, January 11 with the fun, annual Mobile Pep Rally over lunch hour. Staff, students and supporters are encouraged to attend. Meet by 11:45pm at Trojans Boardroom V206. At 12:05pm, we will walk across campus making a whole ton of noise. Please dress for the weather. Instructors and friends welcome to join us too. The more, the better.
* The campaign is about awareness. Our goals are to promote the mental health and wellness resources on campus and create an environment to help reduce stigma. Info on our website: http://www.saittrojans.com/FAN_ZONE/msn
* New this year:
o Three weeks of MSN instead of just 5-7 days. With the 5th year anniversary, we want to make an even more impact. The campaign from Jan. 11-31 includes on-campus events, game promotions, recreation activities and social media posts.
o Chance to WIN $1000 gift card from Air Canada! Make Some Noise for Mental Health GRAND PRIZE: Participate at the Make Some Noise special events (including the pep rally, SoundBowl Yoga, Stress Less session and DJ Spin) and attend January home games as a fan to receive a ballot to enter for the chance to win. For example, participate in the Mobile Pep Rally on Friday, Jan. 11 to receive a ballot to enter to win! More rules and regulations posted at http://www.saittrojans.com/FAN_ZONE/msn
* All 17 schools in the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference will be participating again (it’s their 4th year) and RBC is back as a conference sponsor. This campaign is endorsed by Canadian Mental Health Association Alberta.
* Feature event – DJ Spin Glow is back! On the night of Wednesday, January 30 (which is also Bell Let’s Talk day) we will be hosting an epic spin class with glow lights and live DJ in the gymnasium. Trojans student-athletes and special guests will be participating.
* What do all of these events look like? Watch the highlight video of Make Some Noise at SAIT 2018:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4i1hmp0xWc
* VOLUNTEERS NEEEDED! Throughout the campaign, we will need a lot of extra help. Do you want to be actively involved and show your support? Please email email@example.com
Let’s get ready to make some noise for mental health!
MAKE SOME NOISE FOR MENTAL HEALTH Jan. 11-31, 2019
* Make Some Noise Mobile Pep Rally Kick-Off at SAIT Campus – January 11 @ 11:45am-1pm at Trojans Boardroom before noon
* Stress Less Information Session at MB222 (Stan Grad Centre) noon-1pm – January 21
* Make Some Noise Sound Bowl Yoga Event at MacDonald Hall noon-1pm – January 22
* Make Some Noise DJ Spin Event at SAIT Gym – January 30 – private event
* All Trojans home games January 11-31 will be promoting Make Some Noise for Mental Health